The Follow the Rails Art Trail is a self-guided art tour along Nebraska Highway 2 between Grand Island and Alliance, known as The Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway.
This tour offers you a truly unique experience with over 100 artists displaying their work along the 272 mile route. You are invited to travel at your own pace, shop, and see the World Class Natural Wonders along the Byway including the beautiful Sandhills and meet the friendly people who call this magical place home.
- Lively performances by local bands.
- Showcasing work from local regional, emerging and international artists.
- Historical narratives provided by guides who know the rich history of the Byway best.
- Sample food and wine from Nebraska’s finest wineries.
- Readings and books signings from Nebraska writers.
- Demonstrations from the regions most talented artisans.
- And so much more!